m3u channel ids

fizzyade

fizzyade

i’ve just got live tv up and running using a m3u file to tvheadend.  the first issue i had is that the tvg-id that gets sent in the m3u is a uuid, which means that the xml tv guide doesn’t automatically map, i can’t find a setting anywhere in tvheadend to change this to the service number, am i missing something obvious?

My solution to the problem was to write a node application that acts as a playlist proxy, it pulls the service list from tvheadend in xml format and then generates the m3u from that, setting the id to the connect field.  then everything maps automatically.  i have a little bit of tidying up to do, but will push the code to my github repo in case it’s useful for anybody else.

fizzyade

Hi, couldn't you just use the manual mapping tool?

yeah, but that takes quite a long time,  Automation is my friend,  (I don’t understand why it doesn’t appear to be possible to set the field for the channel id in tvheadend, i would have thought this is a pretty basic requirement)

fizzyade

i should also say it does this on the fly, it acts as a http server.  every time you query my endpoint it queries the tvheadend api endpoint and then returns the generated m3u straight to emby.

the other possible use is in the uk tv channels generally have their primary id set to SD, so BBC1 maps to channel 1 and BBC1HD maps to 101.  with my proxy i can dynamically provide a switch list to swap the HD channels to the primary location,