Question about my xml tv url

martylavender

kanipek

OMG im an idiot

I just realized xteve is giving me two URLs to use. the m3u URL for the tuner and the xmltv  URL   LOL

WOW   please someone kill me.

So your good then....?

martylavender

Yeah. I still obviously have to map in xteve but the new channels are automagically picked up in Emby and already mapped.

So we can close this one out.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

Yeah. I still obviously have to map in xteve but the new channels are automagically picked up in Emby and already mapped.

So we can close this one out.

As I say, personally I'd still point emby at the files rather than the url for the reason explained, but glad you have it working

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Spaceboy

And awake 24/7?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

hey I tried [emoji3]

Marty if xteve goes down and emby refreshes the guide before you notice and restart it you will lose all data and no recordings will take place until you restore everything

• Like 1

martylavender

hey I tried [emoji3]

Marty if xteve goes down and emby refreshes the guide before you notice and restart it you will lose all data and no recordings will take place until you restore everything

I don’t use it for the DVR so not too worried about that. I literally only use it for Live TV

kanipek

I don’t use it for the DVR so not too worried about that. I literally only use it for Live TV

That is cool. BUT - if you DO at some point find yourself branching out into using DVR, viewing from remote locations and what not. It happens. Then do yourself a favor and point Emby to the files that are created and not to the xTeve url's.

xTeve is pretty cool and does a lot also tends to stop working randomly and frequently - at least in my experience.