Screensaver photo library restriction

arrbee99

arrbee99

In connection with this - https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79229-43022-screensaver-options/

It would be nice if the Photo library screensaver can be restricted  to only use a certain folder, so that you can just, say, show images of your trip to Kazakhstan, without them being intermingled with images of your broken motorcycle sprocket / widget.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

Red5ive

I second this.

It's great that we finally have a slideshow but now it needs some options! Would like to see a better pan & scan effect and reading of image metadata to perhaps show the date taken etc.

• 1 month later...
Volfan6415

I second this.

It's great that we finally have a slideshow but now it needs some options! Would like to see a better pan & scan effect and reading of image metadata to perhaps show the date taken etc.

I am going to second more options.  Specifically the one to show date taken.  I would rather see the date taken than the file name.

• Like 1

MBSki

Agree, and an option to choose which photo libraries to include rather than all photo libraries. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
beckfield

I have several Photo libraries.  One has all of my unedited, "raw" photos.  Another has edited, "ready for public viewing" photos in tif format, and another has the edited photos in jpg format.  Still another has family photos.

I would like to be able to tell Emby to only use certain libraries for the screen saver.  I could see this either as a list of checkboxes under Screensaver settings, or "Use in Screensaver" options when editing a Library.

Zyley

And this can already be accomplished for the most part by manually starting a shuffled/randomized slide show from within each photo library. Just not as a screensaver.