Is there a program that can automatically organise a music folder into the recommended folder structure?

AkashKS
Go to solution Solved by d00zah,

First of all, apologies if I haven't posted this in the best location (mods please don't hesitate to move this elsewhere if you see fit.)

I have a folder of music on Windows 10, which I'd like to add as a library to Emby Server running on the same device.

At the moment, it's just a folder full of .flac files. All the .flac files have been tagged correctly using MusicBrainz Picard.

I want to rearrange them into the recommended folder stucture of Artist\Album\Song as per https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Music%20naming.

Unforunately as there are hundreds of .flac files, doing this manually would take a hell of a long time. Is there a program that can rearrange the files into folders named according to the artist and album as per the ID3 tag?

Thanks in advance!

Spaceboy

First of all, apologies if I haven't posted this in the best location (mods please don't hesitate to move this elsewhere if you see fit.)

I have a folder of music on Windows 10, which I'd like to add as a library to Emby Server running on the same device.

At the moment, it's just a folder full of .flac files. All the .flac files have been tagged correctly using MusicBrainz Picard.

I want to rearrange them into the recommended folder stucture of Artist\Album\Song as per https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Music%20naming.

Unforunately as there are hundreds of .flac files, doing this manually would take a hell of a long time. Is there a program that can rearrange the files into folders named according to the artist and album as per the ID3 tag?

Thanks in advance!

You can do it with musicbrainz Picard

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Happy2Play

Didn't MusicBrainz Picard already do that when it processed your files?  Can't remember if I configured MusicBrainz Picard that way or not.

Spaceboy

It's an option. As I recall you can tag, rename and move. All independently of each other if you wish

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk