Correcting Date Format

Heckler

Heckler

Is it possible to have the dates displayed in the correct format rather than the US format... Maybe by having it recognise that you have set it to UK or whatever other country you are in.

It's one of those little things that annoys me, the majority of the world uses the correct day/month/year and I believe there are only 2 or 3 countries that follow the US month/day/year format.

Also... if you guys would start driving on the correct side of the road, and spell words properly... that'd be great also.   :)

For those who might not appreciate the humour... yes there is a tongue in cheek element here that's just having a giggle... But the date thing does really bug me.  :)

• Like 2

CBers

I thought the format was taken from the language/locale settings in the browser.

• Like 1

Yeah, if you are talking about the web client then we use the browser locale settings.

Heckler

OK... chalk this one up to YET ANOTHER setting that the new server release has altered from it's default setting (or just overwritten or reset from user preferences)... Every single folder setting in the client had also been reset and had to be redone.

Found another thing that was there in the browser and is now removed... about to post a new thread for it.

Edited by Heckler

what setting has been changed? this is news to me. the date format has been displayed with browser defaults since day one.

Heckler

The user locale setting (mine is UK) seems to have been reset when the server updated. I'd been away for almost a week and everything was shut down. Came back booted everything up and noticed server restarted after auto update and so forth... Aside from changes to the browser side of things, other background settings have been altered from user prefs and every single folder setting in the client had to be redone too.

Making the changes isn't a huge deal, but on a small SSD it does mean the image cache suddenly gets a huge increase as you alter everything and it starts creating new images. Last time my image cache got up to something like 17gb or more and I had to delete it and repopulate because it was filling the SSD (I only have a 120GB one for the OS) and I eventually moved it to a spare drive in the media centre.

language settings have certainly not been changed. we would have notified in the release notes if that were the case.

Heckler

In that case... some kind of anomaly seems to have happened. I know I didn't change anything, yet last night I clearly saw the dates in the upcoming section in the US format.

I'm also seeing things like this in the browser upcoming section.

5397698de76d5_Capture.jpg

Koleckai Silvestri

Adjusting the time and date format in Windows has no affect on how Media Browser shows times and dates within it. There is no way to change these values in my web browser. Dates always appear as mm/dd/yyyy.

Where in the Windows Control Panel should we make these changes?