RAM usage endlessly increasing

DRAGUNSLAYER

DRAGUNSLAYER

Emby seems to be gobbling all the RAM on my server. Restarting the server "resets" the high ram usage but it creeps back up at an alarming pace. A few times in the last 12 hours I have had to reboot the whole machine as the system lost use of all ram and became unresponsive.

Ubuntu 16.04

Emby Server 4.2.1.0

log attached

Edited by DRAGUNSLAYER
  • Like 1

Hi there, please try removing the following plugins, then restarting the server and seeing if that helps:

Addic7ed 1.0.6.0
	Dvd Folder Support 1.0.0.0
	Email Notifications 3.1.5.0

DRAGUNSLAYER

Hi there, please try removing the following plugins, then restarting the server and seeing if that helps:

Addic7ed 1.0.6.0
	Dvd Folder Support 1.0.0.0
	Email Notifications 3.1.5.0

Argggggh, I removed most non essential plugins except for that. Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes.

DRAGUNSLAYER

Ok, after removing said plugins and letting it run overnight it has seemed to calm down a lots. It is still using 17-18% of my ram(64GB) when normal usage in the past has always sat around 6-8%

New log attached, if you have any ideas please let me know.

Edited by DRAGUNSLAYER

DRAGUNSLAYER

Ok, Most plugins were removed. Restarted the emby server and in the past 45 minutes it has climbed up to 17% mem usage, and still climbing.

Turned debug logging on, attached below.

This is happening on a server that had 140 days uptime until yesterday when I was forced to do a hard reset. Right now I have to restart emby every 4 hours to make sure it doesn't lock up the system by consuming all the memory again.

Edited by DRAGUNSLAYER

DRAGUNSLAYER

Thanks for the info.

Sorry to poke, but do we have any other ideas here? Ram usage jumps to 28GB in less than 10 minutes.

Edited by DRAGUNSLAYER

DRAGUNSLAYER

Turns out it was Embystats that was the culprit. It's running on as machine in another city but I guess some api calls went all wacky causing some type of memory leak?