FR: Download file option

millgeek

millgeek

I'll happily admit that I am not exactly certain what would be necessary to make this possible, but from the web client, I would love to have the option to download a media file. I first started thinking of this with the GameBrowser and Bookshelf plugins, that having the ability to use Media Browser simply to catalog the media types and then use it download the desired files to a client machine would be fantastic, but the more I thought about it. the more uses I saw for this option with every media type. I switched back to Media Browser after a couple of years of straight XBMC use specifically because of the media playback in the web client, but having the option to download the file from the web client for media use on the go would be even better in some cases.

• Like 2

Slouchmr

yes i would like to be able to download as well.  I am using plex for this opiton at the moment.  My bro is at the mines so has very liittle bandwidth so he cant actually stream the content.  So its easier for him to download it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
onlyyou

great to hear ! can't wait the download option - even in the server web client

(only thing i miss from subsonic for home music sharing)

Edited by onlyyou

• 1 month later...
morgainemonk

just exactly what I was going to ask!!!

Great idea, download for local viewing, then not worried about network issues (including flaky wireless)... and transcoding destroying my performance while my 3 kids are watching something on their tablets!!

Thanx

• 5 months later...