Question - Can I go in and out of channels on live TV while recording?

BillOatman
Go to solution Solved by Sammy,

BillOatman

Hi:

I believe there were a couple threads saying if you were recording a channel, went into, then out of, that channel in livetv that the recording stopped.

Can't find those thread(s), but, has anyone done that with the current release version of the server and does that work correctly?

• Solution

I have not experienced this issue and we record a LOT. I use MCEBuddy and sometimes we'll watch while recording and not finish. The next day the show has been processed by MCEBuddy and Emby still knows where we left off even though the file is not the same, with the commercials removed, converted to HEVC and moved to a completely different drive and directory. Good work @@Luke and @@ebr et al.

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

I think you might be referring to the issue with Theater stopping a recording if you've been watching that channel and then stop watching. The recording does resume when the server tries again, but it looks like the underlying issue is resolved in 4.3.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/73596-show-stops-recording-when-you-stop-watching-the-channel/page-1

Edited by Doofus

I don't have this issue with AndroidTV on my ShieldTV. I didn't know it was an issue in ET. Thanks for the clarification, @ !