Emby DVR Stress Test

Sammy

I think my wife scheduled every single sappy Christmas Movie on Lifetime, Lifetime Movies, Hallmark and Hallmark Movies over the next couple of weeks. This on top of the regular plethora of scheduled recordings is going to put Emby Server and my HTPC to the test, especially when MCEBuddy kicks in to strip the commercials and compress the recordings to HEVC.. 

I'll be closely monitoring this feat over the next few days and report back but there's at least 10 recordings every single day. I'm not sure if my Machine will keep up with it all but thank goodness I added that GTX 1060 6Gb a couple of months back (thanks to @ ) and MCEBuddy now natively supports Nvidia HWA transcoding and I can limit it to only two of four cores on my CPU too.

• Like 1

kanipek

I think my wife scheduled every single sappy Christmas Movie on Lifetime, Lifetime Movies, Hallmark and Hallmark Movies over the next couple of weeks. This on top of the regular plethora of scheduled recordings is going to put Emby Server and my HTPC to the test, especially when MCEBuddy kicks in to strip the commercials and compress the recordings to HEVC.. 

I'll be closely monitoring this feat over the next few days and report back but there's at least 10 recordings every single day. I'm not sure if my Machine will keep up with it all but thank goodness I added that GTX 1060 6Gb a couple of months back (thanks to @ ) and MCEBuddy now natively supports Nvidia HWA transcoding and I can limit it to only two of four cores on my CPU too.

Sounds familiar....only I am the one scheduling 

• Like 1

aspdend

Sounds familiar....only I am the one scheduling 

That remonds me I need to schedule some recordings of Christmas films ready for the December Chiristmas film fest!

Last night went well but for MCEBuddy not doing it's deal. I need to check out why. It's running now but it thinks the Movies are TV Shows.

jachin99

I don't transcode mine with mce buddy and they happen relatively quick. Just a suggestion and maybe you could convert them all later

I record to a 250Gb SSD so these need to be processed and moved along to their storage location on a Spinner Drive.

So far, everything is going well but I have to keep up on clearing out the MCEBuddy Archive Folder on said same SSD. These movies don't need to be archived for any length of time. If the conversions have errors, so be it!

Happy to report Emby is rolling through this with ease and hacking my GTX 1060 for more than 2 transcodes helps not only Emby but MCEBuddy too.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk