Downloading trailers via bash script

RobsterUK
Go to solution Solved by RobsterUK,

RobsterUK

I'm asking in here if anyone has any guidance for running bash scripts within DSM (version 5.1 if it makes a difference)

@@sualfred in another thread has posted a great script to download trailers from a bash script.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/59029-linux-script-download-yt-trailers-from-nfo-to-local-movie-folder/

I have tried to run it from the Synology command line but it keeps coming up with errors. I presume this is because the Synology built in 'ash' shell cannot run all of the commands designed for 'bash'.

I have installed the Windows Subsystem for Linux on my desktop this afternoon. After installing all of the required dependencies. The script is downloading the trailers for one of my Library folders now, as I type this.

So the script is working under bash. But I want to be able to use the Syno's task scheduler to automate it.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Solution
RobsterUK

Have managed to sort this now, although not natively with the synology ash shell.

I've created a docker container using the available debian distro from the repository.

Installed the dependencies, altered the paths and granted the container access to the relevant shared folders.

Working like a charm [emoji6]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk