Direct Streaming - Constant Freezing when playing a very high bitrate video file

PRAGMA

8ZM8nwZ.png

As you can see it has transcoded to 2.2%, but started to freeze at playback position of 0:20

It keeps adding the seconds on the player and in the admin dashboard but isn't actually playing, fully frozen.

I can confirm this has been happening ever since I used Emby back months ago, and still happening on the latest version, I can also confirm it occurs on Windows and Linux Browser Clients on both Firefox and Chrome.

It does not happen on my Android TV as it "Direct play"'s the stream instead of "Direct stream".

Also it for some reason thinks im on Emby Mobile yet im obviously on firefox on a linux PC (arch)

This doesn't happen for relatively small files, only for big ones.

The one i'm playing now is 39.4GiB, 30.0 Mb/s (maximum bit rate of 40.0 Mb/s)

Once it freezes, it never unfreezes, I have to exit the video and go back in for it to just freeze again after 5 seconds.

Edited by PRAGMA

Hi there, usually this is a sign of the bitrate being too high for the connection. I would try lowering the in-app quality setting to reduce the bitrate. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi there, usually this is a sign of the bitrate being too high for the connection. I would try lowering the in-app quality setting to reduce the bitrate. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

My connection is fully ethernet and im playing from the host machine. Surely it can handle it if my TV can handle playing the exact same file, perhaps the Direct streaming mode is causing something?

Strangely I changed it's audio from DTS-HD MA, to DD (Dolby Digital) and hit play with no other changes, it is direct streaming still, but has not paused at all yet.

I'm about 2 minutes into it now.

Edited by PRAGMA