coming back

Clietus Black

Clietus Black

Hi, 

I've been gone a bit running on 2.6.2  /  Chocolate on a single HTPC.   I've come back looking at the MB3 architecture and am having a little trouble deciphering what went on with this change.... after digging around the site and forum for about 45 minutes I've been unable to find some things so if someone could help with a couple of pointers, it would be appreciated..

What's the difference between MB Classic and MB Theater?

Is there a theme repository with screenshots anywhere or do we just get the one basic blue theme shown in the getting started guide?  

Is there a high density list sort of theme similar to chocolate for very large libraries, or are the lists all panel like in getting started?

I assume MB2 was frozen at 2.6.2... where is the download for that if I just want to reinstall my PC?

What changes to metadata and file structure does MB3 introduce and is there a difference between Classic and Theater?

Is there live TV support?

Thanks

Here is an old doc with an overview of the architecture:  What is MB and what do I need?

MBT is a new stand-alone client that runs in any Windows version.  It does not require MBC.  It is not finished yet but a test version is available.

MBC is the WMC version (much like MB 2).  It has many themes available for it.  The default one is a modified version of Chocolate.

MB2 is no longer available anywhere or supported.

As for metadata: Media Files & Folders Structure

It is all managed by the server (see the tutorials) so the clients all see the same thing.

Clietus Black

Thanks

Is there a theme list with screenshots anywhere?

Is there live TV support as on 2.6.2?

MB 2.6.2 has no Live TV support...

MB 3 server, however does.  Not all clients have implemented it yet though.

If you use WMC for live TV now, you could use MBC and still use your existing Live TV setup.  Plus, you could install some things on the server and also get Live TV on a number of other platforms via the web client and others.

MrFlibbles

Thanks

Is there a theme list with screenshots anywhere?

Is there live TV support as on 2.6.2?

Once you install the server, the plugins section will show screen shots of the themes.

For "live TV" I assume you mean WMC TV as you would have used with v2.6.2? If so, then Media Browser Classic (MBC) is what you are after, that is an add in for WMC much like v2.6.2 was. MBC is a client to the MB 3 server. The server can run on the same machine or on another machine. The server can service many other clients all maintaining user profiles & watched lists etc