Manage Seasonal Suggestions

vdatanet

vdatanet

I would like to manage seasonal suggestions, in a similar way like "Spooky Suggestions". Admin should be able to create seasonal suggestions indicating:

1. Initial Date: 2/11/2019

2. End Date: 3/11(2019

3. Title: Superhero Weekend

4. Tags to add movies to this Seasonal Suggestion

BTW Also add these suggestions to Apple TV App.

Edited by vdatanet
  • Like 4

I think a more generic way of handling this would be to just have the ability to pin a Collection or Playlist to the home screen as one of the home screen sections.

If we do that then we can just lean on the features that we already have to build the contents of those lists.

• Like 2

vdatanet

If the seasonal suggestions are already implemented, why not extend their functionality by managing these suggestions?

Because they're not really implemented. Right now it's just a little special sauce in one app. It's not really something that we've had a chance to look at from the standpoint of how we'd do it for all of our apps. So from that sense it makes more sense to rely on what we already have and just extend it a little, rather than build something off to the side that's completely separate.

vdatanet

Ok, as you prefer. The important thing for me is to be able to define contents of the home page dynamically, for example, outstanding content, seasonal suggestions, specials... The eldest members of my family do not usually leave the home page.

levander

I like the idea but anything involving custom collections and playlist is unusable for me as long they’re path only dependent.

As I already pointed out before I move files and folders around a lot so manually maintaining custom collections for this purpose would be impossible.