Duplicate entries for programs under Recordings

Red5ive
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Red5ive

I seem to be getting the same show display twice when I go to my recordings in Emby on any client.

One will show a thumbnail with the Emby TV frame and one without, see here:

5db96a6f02ff1_rec.jpg

The one without the TV frame when clicked will have detailed program information such as director, rating, air date, show logo, cast and crew info and detailed media info.

The one with the frame will only have basic info but is tagged as 'sitcom' while the unframed one is not tagged at all.

I have verified that I have only the one recording in my TV folder (such as \\MEDIACENTER\RecordedTV\Frasier\Season 04\Frasier.S04E06.Mixed.Doubles.ts)

I assume this is something to do with show genres and tagging?

How can I prevent the display of the 'framed' listing, or merge these into one?

Red5ive

Ahh, yes I did have the 'Default recording path' under the server DVR settings set to my recorded TV folder.

I removed it and now I am only seeing the one entry per show, unfortunately it's the entry with the stretched thumbnail image with only the basic info (no rating, air date, cast crew info etc)

Here is it with the recording path filled in, with both listings showed, the non-framed one:

5db9b99018e71_a.jpg

And the single, more basis listing with the Emby recording path blank:

5db9b9b308fd1_b.png

Any way to get one listing showing with all the details?

emveepee

NextPVR doesn't support episode art, but with the v5 plugin you get landscape.  Perhaps is Luke is able to handle the S/E issue properly for v5 then the Emby recordings scraping could get extra metadate.

Martin

When you set the DVR path it became a regular emby library, which have it all of the library metadata features. Channel plugins currently don't get all of those features.

• 3 weeks later...
Red5ive

When you set the DVR path it became a regular emby library, which have it all of the library metadata features. Channel plugins currently don't get all of those features.

Just returning to this, If I go back and fill in the PVR recordings path is there a way to hide the NextPVR recordings so only the Emby library ones with the rich metadata show?

Just returning to this, If I go back and fill in the PVR recordings path is there a way to hide the NextPVR recordings so only the Emby library ones with the rich metadata show?

You could try to do that with user permissions. 

Red5ive

I followed your advice and disabled Next PVR recordings under my users content access -> channels setting. Re-filled in the path to my TV recordings folder under PVR settings and I now have just hte feature-rich program listings rather than both.

Cheers!

Still hope that channel plugins can be more feature rich in the future but until then this is a good workaround.