Australian Teletext Subtitles working intermittently

chemoul

I'm pulling my hair out with live, and recorded TV, and getting subtitles to work.

They are DVB Teletext subtitles included in the Australian FTA TV streams.

Coming from Windows Mediacenter, where they work without issues, I found that most days I can't get them to work in Emby Theater.

I click on the "cc" button, select ENG DVB Teletext (the only option) and nothing happens.

Now, I don't have Mediacenter installed on the same PC as Emby Server/Theater, but I did manage to get subtitles working in Hauppauge's WinTV App on that same PC eventually, by playing around/switching the codex offered in the settings.

Once it worked in WinTV, I switched to Emby Theatre and curiously it started to work there as well - no idea if it was actually related though.

The following day, subitles still worked in WinTV, but no longer in Emby.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, this is starting to drive me crazy...

Thanks for your replies so far, appreciated.

Are you looking for anything in particular in the test file? Is there a minimum length required?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

sorry for the long radio silence - I was away.

Back to the topic of Australian teletext subtitles, I did some further testing:

• watched live TV in Emby on a channel with subtitles and couldn't get subtitles to work
  • recorded the same channel and played back the recording in Emby - subtitles work

I'm happy to still provide a sample recording, however the issue only seems to occur during live TV from what I can see? Any idea what could cause it and how to fix it?

Thank you for your help!

Guest asrequested

Curious. I don't know why they work in recording, but not a live stream. Your recordings are unchanged, correct? Not remuxed or anything?