App Will No Longer Play Music

gcoupe

gcoupe

Something has changed in the last week - I assume that it's the new version of the Server (3.0.5271.29451).

The App will play Movie and TV media, but when I browse and select a music track (MP3), as soon as I hit the Play button, the MB App returns me to either the Start Screen (if I'm running the App on a tablet) or the Desktop (when I run the App on a PC). This is with version 1.5.2.31 of the MB App, and it's happening on three machines (two PCs and a tablet).

Selecting the "View logs" section of the settings only shows me a panel with a "Clear logs" button - there are no logs showing up to view.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the App, but there is no change - it still refuses to play any of my music.

The Web browser client and the Windows Phone App continue to work, it's just the Windows 8.1 Store App that has stopped working...

7illusions

You are correct, it's a change in the server combined with the streaming mechanism in the app.

@@Luke - MediaStreamSources is null for audiofiles which breaks the StreamBuilder.

You are correct, it's a change in the server combined with the streaming mechanism in the app.

@@Luke - MediaStreamSources is null for audiofiles which breaks the StreamBuilder.

Easy fix. It's actually a field you need to ask for, in the context of a list at least. if you ask for it, or if you only request a single item, then it will never be null.

• Like 1

7illusions

Great! Then I'll fix it tonight and submit a fix asap.