Analog to Emby streaming, Linein Streaming, Analog live stream

jayw654

Either need Emby to improve or have a plugin created for live streaming. The plugin or feature will have the ability to easily configure soundcard for use with the line in option on soundcards. In my case I’ll be using multiple line in’s from multiple soundcards due to need multiple analog live streams. I tried IPTV but it expects video as well and I need something purely and only geared for audio. The Emby android client needs to be severely robust when it comes to connectivity. This means it needs to seamlessly and automatically be able to switch from wi-fi to LTE data and vice versa. When connectivity drops out it needs to continually try to reconnect and not give up till it reconnects successfully. On the android client side needs to play audio even when the screen is off (IPTV stops playing if screen is off) and drops the stream until manually reconnected by user. The plugin/feature needs selectable bitrate for AAC, Opus and MP3 as well as selectable frequency such as 32Khz, 44.1Khz and 48Khz. Stereo and mono as well as the ability to turn mono into joint stereo or force mono on both right/left channels since in my case this will be used for a scanner streaming. Lastly not interested in plugin that require 3rd party services such as Tune-In, Broadcastify, shoutcast, ect. I want it to be a private stream within Emby. However, if url is required for the stream that is fine as I have a copy of RadioCaster software which generates a url stream in this format http://www.myaddress.com:89 Radio caster makes a completely preconfigured stream meaning bitrate and format and frequency is already configured in this case. Shame IPTV isn’t more robust as it is close just not good enough. If they could handle reconnects better and without the video expectation and set it for audio only it may have been close enough.

Edited by jayw654