Don't show OSD at start of playback

crusher11

miniliQuid

Depending on what I'm looking at I might have to skip back twice just so the OSD will be out of the way when it gets to the thing I wanted to see.

This is kind of true, fortunately I rarely watch with subtitles but I have noticed that when playing with subs, they get covered by the OSD, which makes the double skip needed haha :D

Wouldn't call it an issue, but that's just for me.

• 4 months later...
crusher11

Currently when starting a movie, or when pressing play when a movie is paused, the OSD pops up. It's just getting in the way of what I'm trying to watch. Popping up automatically on pause isn't a huge deal as you can wait for it to go away if you're trying to see something at the bottom of the screen, but this isn't an option at the start of playback.

While this is marked as completed, the bolded is in fact not in place and I would really like to see it implemented.

Regarding the skipping issue discussed above, a button to manually remove the OSD would be nice. The equivalent is the "i" button on a Blu-ray player and generally one presses "i" to pull up the display and then pressing "i" again dismisses it. Pressing a button makes the OSD appear in Emby, but there is then no button you can press that hides it. The down arrow would make sense.

crusher11

Does it? I recall trying that and it just stopping playback.

Just tested it and it does indeed stop playback.

Edited by crusher11

In the web app it will stop playback because there's now way to override the back button behavior in the browser.

In the native apps we are able to do that and hide the OSD.