Chocolate - EHS featured items don't show

AsparagusTrevor

AsparagusTrevor

After playing around with the themes for a while I've finally decided to switch for Chocolate, very nice, tidy theme.

However, I'm having a slight problem with the EHS. It isn't a massive issue, and it doesn't affect browsing or playback, just limits the time-saving options and does nothing for the aesthetics!

So, if I load up Media Browser Classic, the featured items, e.g Unwatched, Latest, Played, is blank, like so:

5394ccc89356e_1.jpg

Then, if I select one of the categories, e.g. TV Shows, Movies etc and then return to the EHS, the section for that particular category becomes populated with the relevant items:

5394cd3372cb7_2.jpg

But only for the category I entered, and it goes blank again if I highlight one of the other categories, e.g TV Shows are now showing, but if I highlight Movies then return to TV shows the items have vanished again.

These EHS sections should always be populated regardless, right? They are on other themes. Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious!

AsparagusTrevor

Actually, I have just figured this out. It seems to be a bug, albeit a bug which presents itself in a relatively unlikely scenario.

I had small descriptions in the Overview metadata of each category, seems this was causing the problem. I cleared the Overview for each category and it seems to have done the trick.

That's kindof weird.  It may have been coincidental.

Can you find the MBC log from when it was misbehaving?

AsparagusTrevor

Yeah of course, no problem. It's happened since I switched to Chocolate about a week ago but I've only just had chance to report it. It started working around 10pm tonight after I deleted the category overviews, so here's the last couple of logs before, and the newest one.

I'm a bit new to this, so please let me know if you need anything else or anything different.

MBClassic-86201490266363f65a4e2f96b5c1465be3f150.log

MBClassic-8620141f3a4f483ff845539280205935c716eb.log

MBClassic-862014267e98cfd1d240838a300d0ae2970b3c.log

Edited by AsparagusTrevor

Hmmm I can't see any problems in any of those logs.  Oh well, thanks anyway.

yardameus

I noticed this once, in Subdued after the last server update.  Maybe the cache just needed to be updated.  After I entered the item (movies, or tv shows) everything was fine.  I just figured it was because of the changes made for channels, etc...