Router

Don

What kind of router do you guys use?

I'm asking because my ISP just sent me a new one. I had a Motorola Surfboard. Everything worked great. Now I have a Netgear WNDR3800. Everything works well with this one except....Media Browser. I can't use it on any machine other than the one the server is installed on. Please if anyone can offer any help I would really appreciate it. It's been 24 hours now and I'm already going into MB withdrawals!

Sven

You can use every router for it. :)

I don't know how good you are with network configs?

You didn't install it in a DMZ?

Koleckai Silvestri

Use a Netgear WNDR4300 as my upstairs router and haven't had a problem with it. What doesn't work exactly in your setup?

Demilitarized Zone........no I'm in Alabama, we don't have one of those here! lol

in all seriousness, what is a DMZ?

Like I said, everything works great with this new router except, I can't access the MB server from another machine. I enter 192.168.1.10:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard into the browser and it won't connect. That being the case MB Classic or theater wont connect.

Sven

Do you use wifi or cable?

Also, can you ping that machine?

Edited by Sven

I use cable, and yes I can ping the machine. As a matter of fact I can browse to shared folders on that machine from another.

Koleckai Silvestri

With a new router and depending on how IP addresses are allocated, the .10 might not be correct anymore. For this reason, I use the machine name e.g. \\MediaBrowser-Server\. Then if the IP Address changes for any reason, it can still be found.

Edit: Doesn't seem to be the problem with other replies.

Edited by Wayne Luke

Sven

And it works on the machine itself?

Could you turn off the firewall? Just for testing purpose...

Okay, I don't know what I've done but I can now access through MB Theater. Classic as well just very slow. I still can't access the MB Server either by using the IP or the machine name. Very frustrating. :(

Sven

Could you also upload your logs from the server? If you can connect with MBT, it should also work with the webclient.

Okay, I got it. A friend of mine looked at it and I guess I had some kind of thingabob set wrong in the router.

thanks for the help guys!

• Like 1