• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eNES0nsEsK OFFLINE  

eNES0nsEsK

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 11:54 AM

Posted 18 October 2019 - 08:02 AM

Could we get swipe gesture functionally in the mobile apps that would enable adjustments of audio volume, screen brightness and playback position?

I use VLC on android and they've implemented this well, it's simple, intuitive and a joy use.

It's explained here, https://www.vlchelp....stures-android/

• ginjaninja, blade005, levander and 2 others like this

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 139743 posts
  • Local time: 05:54 AM

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:13 PM

Hi, we used to have these but I took them out because users were complaining of constantly accidentally tripping them.

We can find a way to bring them back. I think a circular gesture would be a good compromise.

#3 eNES0nsEsK OFFLINE  

eNES0nsEsK

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 11:54 AM

Posted 22 October 2019 - 05:23 AM

OK, totally understand you don't want to annoy people with gestures they don't want.

Could you have a "Toggle Touch Gestures" option in the mobile app settings?
This could default to being off so people don't trip them accidentally.

I like idea of a circular gesture to control playback position. It would be good if it functioned like a jog wheel for video editing.
Like this,  https://www.amazon.c...r/dp/B0001DBEKG
Although it doesn't need to be that accurate, but could allow quick navigation with a faster gesture, then a more slightly more accurate positioning with a slow gesture.

The volume is probably less important to most people because we have easily accessible hardware buttons that can be used.

The most useful gesture for me personally would be brightness control. This is tricky to adjust on my Android phone when I'm holding it horizontally and I've started playback I then need to swipe down from the top a few times to get to the brightness slider. Could a two or three fingered vertical swipe be used for this possibly?

Anyway, just throwing some ideas around. Thanks for your hard work.

Edited by eNES0nsEsK, 22 October 2019 - 05:23 AM.

• miniliQuid likes this

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 139743 posts
  • Local time: 05:54 AM

Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:21 AM

Yes that's possible, but a last resort. A circular gesture shouldn't have a problem of being accidentally triggered therefore it can just always be enabled.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobile, swipe, gestures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users