Old version of Media Browser

Harry
Go to solution Solved by swhitmore,

Harry

Hi,

I've installed the new version of Media Browser but I would like to get the previous version restored.

I still have the original setup.exe file however it installed the new version - which I do not want.

How can I get the old version back?

Thank you

Harry 

CBers

@@Harry - why do you want the previous version, what problems/issues do you have?

Which release level are you on?

Harry

I liked how I could browse using my own file structure - with the new edition I can't seem to anymore.

AdrianW

Media Browser Classic (MBC) is the direct replacement for the previous version of Media Browser - it will give you an almost identical experience to the version you're used to, including browsing using your own file structure (I assume you mean drilling down folder by folder).

Edited by AdrianW

Good day,

Are we talking regarding the mb3 server web client? If yes, then you can customize it the way you like, by clicking on your profile image (top right) and chose "My preference" and customize the view and settings there.

If not, then for sure I misunderstand the issue here.

My best

• Like 2

Jobber8742

I think he means the latest update to MB3 because I'm experiencing the same thing and do not like it at all. I had a folder for "Kids", now it just lumps all the kids stuff into the TV and Movie folders on the web browser for the server. I don't want it in those folders. I want it in the Kids folder. There seems to be absolutely no way to change that now. It makes them harder to find for me.

I think he means the latest update to MB3 because I'm experiencing the same thing and do not like it at all. I had a folder for "Kids", now it just lumps all the kids stuff into the TV and Movie folders on the web browser for the server. I don't want it in those folders. I want it in the Kids folder. There seems to be absolutely no way to change that now. It makes them harder to find for me.

It's always been like that. But did you even read the previous post?

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7853-old-version-of-media-browser/?p=104664

Harry

Still unable to get it back to the way I like. Exactly the same as Jobber8742. Unable to install Media Player classic - seems to give me an Error Message - maybe because I have Windows 8? Am I doing something wrong?

I use Media Browser for my Chromecast :) 

I currently have  3.0.5271.29451 

Still unable to get it back to the way I like. Exactly the same as Jobber8742. Unable to install Media Player classic - seems to give me an Error Message - maybe because I have Windows 8? Am I doing something wrong?

Media Player Classic...?

Did you mean Media Browser Classic?  If so, do you have Windows Media Center?  It is an additional add-on in Windows 8.

Can you describe exactly what you're looking for and how the current options don't fit your needs? It is still evolving and we're listening to you guys.

Harry

Before Media Browser (which I only started using a few weeks ago), I had very organised TV shows and Movie files. All of my movies were kept in the same folder and had a year at the end e.g. The Wizard of Oz (1939) and many hundreds more! 

As for my TV Shows - my main problem with Media Browser is it messes up my Doctor Who collection! Within my Doctor Who folder, I have spin offs listed and rather than organising Doctor Who by season, I organise it by Doctor number and then season. The upgrade of Media Browser means that I can no longer do this and everything looks messy. I liked being able to view my folders my way rather than the automatic organisation

Before Media Browser (which I only started using a few weeks ago), I had very organised TV shows and Movie files. All of my movies were kept in the same folder and had a year at the end e.g. The Wizard of Oz (1939) and many hundreds more! 

As for my TV Shows - my main problem with Media Browser is it messes up my Doctor Who collection! Within my Doctor Who folder, I have spin offs listed and rather than organising Doctor Who by season, I organise it by Doctor number and then season. The upgrade of Media Browser means that I can no longer do this and everything looks messy. I liked being able to view my folders my way rather than the automatic organisation

did you see the preferences where you can disable that though?

No - that's what I'm looking for

click your user icon in the top right -> my preferences.

• Solution
swhitmore

Harry, the folder that you have set to 'Doctor Who', do you have that set to media type 'TV Shows'? Also, in your user preferences, you should see a screen like this below. If you want it the old way, just uncheck your TV Show folder.

539565efb2d6b_Capture.jpg

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot!

It still appears to be no different. I've unchecked all of the boxes and I still don't have 1 Doctor Who folder :( 

Hi,

It still appears to be no different. I've unchecked all of the boxes and I still don't have 1 Doctor Who folder :( 

Good day,

Can you please make screenshot of what you see at the home web client page.

My best

swhitmore

Hi,

How did you have a Doctor Who folder before? Is it it's own media folder? Be sure to add it here:

539658cba0127_Capture.jpg

swhitmore

Doctor Who is a folder with my TV Shows folder

Yes, but how did you display it as a collection before? Are you expecting it as it's own library, or part of your TV Shows? Can you take some screenshots of what you see now, and maybe one describing what you're expecting it to look like?

You're going to have to help us help you a bit more :P