Google Analytics on emby

igeoorge

• 2 years later...
pir8radio

I know this is old, but having the js built into emby would be nice, maybe just a field to enter our G-tag would be nice...  

The cloudflare plugin requires pro subscription for multiple sub domains (to break them out properly).

igeoorge

Being able to put our G-tag in the emby would really be a dream for me.

Please @Luke, add this function. Please

Edited by igeoorge

pir8radio

should just be a few lines of JS in the head...   then a variable for the two G-Tags and a settings textbox that points to that variable on the server.

G-123456789   gets a variable reference, then we just enter our own G-kljsflsdklj in the emby dashboard..  😄   Or allow us to inject our own code in the head 🙂

<!-- Global site tag (gtag.js) - Google Analytics -->
<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=G-123456789"></script>
<script>
  window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || [];
  function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);}
  gtag('js', new Date());

gtag('config', 'G-123456789');
</script>

Edited by pir8radio

igeoorge

Damn!

So did you get it?

Could you say which file I should change or if possible to send the changed file?

If you send the changed file, I change the ID here.

VERY COOL!

pir8radio
20 minutes ago, igeoorge said:

Damn!

So did you get it?

Could you say which file I should change or if possible to send the changed file?

If you send the changed file, I change the ID here.

VERY COOL!

No right now i am injecting it using nginx..   i just  rewrite the html on the fly..  replace <head> with <head> new google code </script>   But i would still like to see this natively built in emby 🙂  I was just hinting above that it should be easy for devs to add without really impacting any clients or anything else.. 

pir8radio
9 hours ago, cayars said:

How useful do you find it @pir8radio compared to using log analysis?
To me log analysis is the way to go for this type of platform.

it is you get more details on log analysis..    but my log databases alone are getting huge..   so i was looking into something totally outside of me..       google only covers http/web requests..   unless I include a gif or something on other js files..  so you miss things like firetv etc..      if you want accurate, full data stick with log analyzer..    I've just been migrating my other sites to google...  and i dont have enough info stored up in google yet for my emby server to know if its super useful. 

igeoorge

Friends,

I am very lost with this information.

I was slow to answer because I was reading and rereading to try to understand. But unfortunately not succeed.

Well, today I would really like to be able to monitor using google analytics.

This is a dream I have had since I started.

I just have to thank you for your help.

About logs; I also have the same problem with large logs.

My logs are 2gb per day.

@igeoorge Unless everyone connecting to your site is only using a browser and never any of the apps, then Google Analytics will likely be of no use to you as it only works with web/html.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1