No TV Playback on MB3 with ServerWMC

TechLife

TechLife

Hey Krusty,

Told you I'm still around lol. ;)  I was playing with liveTV in MB3 tonight and I know you and Scarecrow are fans of when I break stuff so here it goes:

When trying to play a live channel, all I get is a black screen and the cursor loading circle.

- I'm using Chrome

- If I try it on Roku, my Roku locks up solid (power cycle is the only way to fix)

- The guide data was not displaying so I manually refreshed in WMC.  Fixed the blank guide screen.  Didn't fix playback issue.

- *Everything* works exactly as it's supposed to XBMC

- I'm on the MB3 beta update channel and running v3.0.5271.29451.  SWMC build 1135.

- Log files are attached

I'm more providing this to you guys for troubleshooting in case I uncovered Jimmy Hoffa (again).  It's not a big rush to me.  You guys know how busy I am right now. :(

Thanks!

server-63537768952.txt

transcode-13248c5e-f89b-4bbe-bbde-7c465dc82943.txt

transcode-b10412f4-0aab-4a8f-8725-c87ceda051a5.txt

transcode-fac96b43-40e3-497c-970e-7a2c54f1bdec.txt

ServerWMC_Log.zip

Edited by TechLife

krustyreturns

@@TechLife, you are running an old version of serverwmc, pre the version that fixes @@Luke's complaint above.  Get version 1138 from our download site.  Dude you have to get back in the game - this update has been out for weeks! :)

BTW, if you have just a moment of spare time, we need you to update the wiki so it points to our download site using a bitly link.  The new site link is:

http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

we want to get this in place before we implement autoupdate in swmc.

I am updating the mbs plugin to have the same link.  

Thanks.

• Like 1

techywarrior

we want to get this in place before we implement autoupdate in swmc.

Woot !!!!!!!!!

(I hope that means it's coming soonish)

• Like 1

krustyreturns

Yes very soon.  What's disappointing about rolling out an update feature is you have to wait until the update after that to see the benefit :)..

techywarrior

haha, yea... but I think it was the first or second suggestion I made of the very first release of serverWMC (for MB3) so I am glad it's finally happening.

I always hated how I never knew about updates of XBMC and then had to manually download and install it on my HTPC. Everything on the HTPC should be hands free in my opinion.

Besides, having auto updating software really helps with user issues since almost everyone is going to be on the same version.

TechLife

@@TechLife, you are running an old version of serverwmc, pre the version that fixes @@Luke's complaint above.  Get version 1138 from our download site.  Dude you have to get back in the game - this update has been out for weeks! :)

Jeez.  This is how I felt in that dream as a kid when I realized I went to school with no pants on.

I'll have the wiki updated today.  Suppose I should upgrade to Gotham too...

Edited by TechLife
  • Like 1

krustyreturns

@@TechLife    Thanks techlife.  Looking forward to you giving up on real life one of these days.  one of us, one of us, (and repeat)

@@techywarrior

Setting expectations: serverwmc will notify when updates are available and you'll be able to install the new rev with a single click.  It will be also be able to auto-install the new rev.  However uac gets in the way of the latter, so to do autoinstall you either need to run serverwmc in an elevated state or turn off uac.  I know you are thinking: how come mbs doesn't need that?  I think they employ magic somehow.

• Like 1

techywarrior

Setting expectations: serverwmc will notify when updates are available and you'll be able to install the new rev with a single click.  It will be also be able to auto-install the new rev.  However uac gets in the way of the latter, so to do autoinstall you either need to run serverwmc in an elevated state or turn off uac.  I know you are thinking: how come mbs doesn't need that?  I think they employ magic somehow.

rofl, it's better at least... may want to ask one of the magicians what they are doing and see if it's feasible for you. I know there was a lot of discussion about install location because of issues with auto update but maybe there is something they are doing which will work for how serverWMC is setup.