tvshow.nfo files

ddurdle

ddurdle

If I scanned in two tv shows and emby indexed them (in this case, it matched the two tv shows as the same), in the directory of the mismatched show, can I create a tvshow.nfo file with an updated matching to make it rematch?  I thought it might then see the presence of a nfo file and use the information from it.  But after two scans, things remain the same.  Does emby still make use of nfo files and if so, even after the media was scanned prior?

Happy2Play

Don't quite understand what you are asking.  Are they merged in the UI?

ddurdle

Don't quite understand what you are asking.  Are they merged in the UI?

Yes, because the two shows are picked up by Emby to match to the same tvdbid, they show up merged together.  In fact, they are different TV series, so I'm looking at some way to telling Emby that the second folder should be treated as a different show, matched to the tvshow.nfo in that show's directory

Happy2Play

They appear separately in the metadata Manager, correct?  I know my test merge series does.  If so then you should be able to edit the metadata and do a library scan (or identify).

ddurdle

Ya, they appear as separate folders in Metamedia manager.  By resetting the ID on the one folder, it then broke it out in Emby.

I'm still curious if NFO files are still used and if so, when (initial scan, all scans, etc)