Local trailers plugin

Luke

FYI - With the trailer plugin being converted to a channel, we felt it made sense to extract the local trailer downloading function into it's own plugin. So for those using that feature you'll need to install the new one.

• Like 3

Good day Luke,

Can we select what library folder for local trailer to be? (Old request)

My best

Abo I think you misunderstand. This is the feature that downloads missing trailers for movies you already have. They get downloaded into the movie folder. This feature isn't anything new, we just moved it to a separate plugin.

Abo I think you misunderstand. This is the feature that downloads missing trailers for movies you already have. They get downloaded into the movie folder. This feature isn't anything new, we just moved it to a separate plugin.

Good day buddy,

Sorry if I was not clear, yes, for that I said old request, remember? :) I really need local trailer only for my offline titles.

My best

As an aside, did he fix the issue with the trailer name when there are multiple versions of the original file?

I told him not to because the fix it not as simple as what was discussed in that thread. I'll look at it myself.

CBers

FYI - With the trailer plugin being converted to a channel, we felt it made sense to extract the local trailer downloading function into it's own plugin. So for those using that feature you'll need to install the new one.

Thanks Luke.

• 5 months later...
StealthDefender

Hi, i am using the trailers plugin to download trailers.

Before i use the plugin Media Browser saves me a link to youtube for the trailer in German language.

Now with the plugin a trailer has been downloadet, but now an other one in english?

Is there a way to set the download language of the trailers or picks the plugin only the first match in hd format and ignore the language?

And by the way, is it possible to change the string to save poster.jpg and fanart.jpg to moviename-poster.jpg and moviename-fanar.jpg, like -trailer and the other xbmc stuff. Sorry for a little offtopic.

But i wont loose my xbmc datas at all. Need some arrangement in my folders to keep all clear and sorted. :-)

Greetz Stealth

the file names are chosen for maximum Xbmc compatibility. We tested pretty thoroughly. But that is off topic and should be discussed elsewhere.

As far as trailer downloads - unfortunately we do not have the language information available from the trailer sources we use.

• 8 years later...
GrimReaper

Would it be possible to include local trailers as a category in Trailers channel, in addition to existing 4? I have 10,000+ local trailers attached to media (both Movies and TV shows) spread accross multiple libraries and getting to them is a bit of a chore, having to drill down to each library each item detail view, Trailers tab feels like a natural place to have them all simultaneously exposed to the end user. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo
  • Agree 2

On 12/29/2022 at 12:38 PM, GrimReaper said:

Would it be possible to include local trailers as a category in Trailers channel, in addition to existing 4? I have 10,000+ local trailers attached to media (both Movies and TV shows) spread accross multiple libraries and getting to them is a bit of a chore, having to drill down to each library each item detail view, Trailers tab feels like a natural place to have them all simultaneously exposed to the end user. 

It's not a bad idea, but currently channels don't have the ability to pull in existing library content, so you would just end up with duplicated entries in the server database.

So that would have to be built first, although I think the eventual advent of smart views/playlists may help facilitate that, or just you being able to create a smart view on your own of your local trailers.