Help design default images

Luke

I like all the work here, well done guys.

I am as well with Luke regarding Bloodtaker's images.

yardameus

I think Live TV is confusing. That's basically the icon that is used for casting/remote. Live TV Alt is better. I wonder if something could be done to better indicate 'live". Maybe the TV with a person icon inside? Sort of like a newscaster sort of feel.

Yeah, I can see that.  I was just going for similarity to the Mb icons.

jhoff80

Or maybe even just a TV with an antenna on it would work for live TV.  I mean, not everyone uses OTA, but I feel like that would be pretty universally understood to be live.

Aphid

I don't think bloodtaker's icons fit in well with the rest of the web client as default icons. I prefer yardameus's icons, but I think they should have a bit of color (either the background or the icon as a solid color).

• Like 1

yardameus

The best one I could find is actually already the icon for the channels button (but obviously bigger).

• Like 1

I'm curious to see what Ergo Proxy might come up with, but thank you Yardameus, I'm going to start with yours.

yardameus

Cool.  Maybe if you stick it in there it will spur others on to contribute.  I just updated the zip file with a collections and channels image as well.  Let me know if you want something else done, different background color, image color, whatever.

Forgot I had already put the channels in there.

Edited by yardameus

shaefurr

My only comment is I think they would look better without the drop shadow so it matches the flat web ui. 

My only comment is I think they would look better without the drop shadow so it matches the flat web ui. 

Ah, glad you're here :) Well feel free to draw some up too. The more options the better.

bloodtaker

Personally I would never use that style. It is to plain especially with the new design aspects of the webclient. They look good but imo just do not fit the client especially with the backgrounds being shown. Again this is my opinion.   On a side note. Even the ones I done up do not work with it either. :| I guess I am just not a easy person to please lol. I do like the disparity version that @shaefurr has up. I feel something along those lines would work perfectly imo.

Edited by bloodtaker

shaefurr

ive been so busy the past couple weeks, finally done with stuff so ill mess around with some monday night.

AlwinHummels

I made some extra hope this will fitt to the originals. Wills send the psd to ;-) so anyone can make some improvements.
On the PSD file there are the Homevideo, Study and 3 versions for adult.

Here is the PSD.

539d82f4c565e_homevideo.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'd like to do another take on this, incorporating some color. can you try to do a color set?

for example, i like these:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2464-mbt-metro-ehs-icons/

except the colors are much too strong. the white icon you've got in the middle is fine. just something that will add some flavor but not be too intense

7illusions

Luke, while we're at it, can we have a look at the images provided for userviews? the default iconic images are great, if we could just remove the background and have them transparent instead? This way clients could apply there own look and feel and still use the imaegs. As it is right now the win8.1 looks really really bad with the default darkgray Icons that work great for the webclient.. Maybe the weblient can apply the darkgray background itself via styling?

• Like 1