New Player Interface Media with no chapters.

constantcharge

constantcharge

New player interface looks great! Excellent work!

I have however encountered a issue, when a file doesnt have chapters i cant skip foward / back or fastfoward / rewind.

Has anyone else encountered this ?

DigiTM

My version isn't showing the new interface.  I have the latest beta.  Also wondering if channels will be incorporated sometime, now that MB server has this.

steelman1991

Both AFAIK are only available in the Dev builds (change in MBC configurator), but with usual stability warnings that come with Dev builds.

Edited by steelman1991

New player interface looks great! Excellent work!

I have however encountered a issue, when a file doesnt have chapters i cant skip foward / back or fastfoward / rewind.

Has anyone else encountered this ?

The FF/Rew buttons should skip ahead/back by 30 seconds.  You can also punch in a number on your remote and that will skip that many seconds.

lightsout

The FF/Rew buttons should skip ahead/back by 30 seconds.  You can also punch in a number on your remote and that will skip that many seconds.

Its very laggy for me compared to the default player. It will skip once, but if I quickly push it again it will look likes its going to skip but stays in the same spot. If I push FF repeatedly the screen just goes black for a quick second each time but does not advance the movie. Is this normal or just my setup?

Yogi

Its very laggy for me compared to the default player. It will skip once, but if I quickly push it again it will look likes its going to skip but stays in the same spot. If I push FF repeatedly the screen just goes black for a quick second each time but does not advance the movie. Is this normal or just my setup?

Just tested this and the same is happening for me on both my test machine and main HTPC.

constantcharge

yes this is what i found. just get stuck at the same spot.

blade005

I am encountering the exact same issue.  Quick clicks of the FFWD button seem to hang it up in one place. It appears that there needs to be a two or three second pause between each press for it not to hang up in the same spot.

I think seeking is just too slow to react so I'll have to see what I can do to make that work better.

In the mean time, you can enter a number on the remote and hit FF and it will go that many seconds.  So, if you want 90 seconds ahead, hit 9 0 FF.

Also, the seekbar is interactive.  Bring up the interface by hitting any key, hit the down arrow, now you can move along the seekbar with left and right.  When you get where you want, hit select.

• Like 1

leedavies

I also just got a WMC "application no longer responding" error after playing a 1-hour TV show that's played fine in the past.

I also just got a WMC "application no longer responding" error after playing a 1-hour TV show that's played fine in the past.

log and error from the event log...?

Yogi

ebr,the seeking is fixed but I noticed if you check the disable media control option then seeking doesn't work at all.only the chapter jumping works.

genro

ebr,the seeking is fixed but I noticed if you check the disable media control option then seeking doesn't work at all.only the chapter jumping works.

I'm pretty sure that's as intended. That option disabled the built in player ff/rew functionality because mediacontrol plugin uses that itself.

I'm pretty sure that's as intended. That option disabled the built in player ff/rew functionality because mediacontrol plugin uses that itself.

Correct.  The option isn't disable Media Control, it is disable functions that conflict with Media Control.

Right now that is just FF and Rew but I wanted to make it a generic option in case we discovered others.