Folders inside folders.

lightsout

lightsout

I had too many sections on my main page. Trying to consolidate some things in my library.

I have 4 network locations (folders) in a media folder setup in the webui of the server.

Problem is they all show up together now. I would like the folders to stay separate. Is there a way to do this. I would like to keep this file structure:

>Fights

>UFC

>Dream

>Strikeforce

>PrideFC

But instead the bottom for folders are all mixed. Is there a way to disable this?

But instead the bottom for folders are all mixed. Is there a way to disable this?

I can't visualize what you mean here.  Please post a screen shot of what you are seeing vs what you want to see and one of the library setup in the server dashboard.

lightsout

Sorry my post was not very clear. Heres how I have it setup
539229a722da8_Capture.png

On the home screen of MB classic I have a section called "fights"

In the fights section I have all the media from the four server locations in the picture above all mixed together.

I would like to select "fights" and see four folders. UFC, Dream, Pride, Strikeforce

Hopefully that makes sense

Then you would need to physically organize those items under one folder and then point your media folder to that one location.

Like:

\\Server-PC\Fights\UFC

\\Server-PC\Fights\Dream

\\Server-PC\Fights\Pride

\\Server-PC\Fights\Strikeforce

And then the media folder just points to:

\\Server-PC\Fights

lightsout

Then you would need to physically organize those items under one folder and then point your media folder to that one location.

Like:

\\Server-PC\Fights\UFC

\\Server-PC\Fights\Dream

\\Server-PC\Fights\Pride

\\Server-PC\Fights\Strikeforce

And then the media folder just points to:

\\Server-PC\Fights

Ah ha. Duh, didn't think of that. Thanks a lot man. 

Instead of starting a new thread can I ask a question. I have noticed that lately MBC takes a long time from the point that I push play until it actually starts playing. 

I noticed today it may have taken like 90 seconds. It used to fire right up with 2.x before the server. Weird thing is I only noticed it when I would select a movie. Didn't have the issue with tv shows (different hard drive). Updated MB classic and the server and now its happening with tv shows as well. Any ideas on what could cause that. I know it could be a lot of things but seems like it shouldn't be my network as I never had this issue before MB started using the server. All my media is on the same PC (my file server) if that matters.

It might be streaming them because it can't access the files.  Did you setup the library with UNC paths or use the path substitution feature?

I'd need to see a log to help.  How to report a problem

lightsout

It might be streaming them because it can't access the files.  Did you setup the library with UNC paths or use the path substitution feature?

I'd need to see a log to help.  How to report a problem

My daughter is watching something upstairs so the logs are mixed up right now. I use UNC paths. I notice that it only takes forever to play on my main htpc. On the one in my bedroom they fire right up. I just checked and I am pretty sure it was not transcoding it. There was a transcoding file in the log but then I realized my daughter was on her tablet.  I'll have to snatch a log later.