IOS/Android mobile - Music Feedback

abescalamis

abescalamis

I do use all of the emby features, but when I want to listen music on my phone or in the car is the only time that I don't use Emby, I did try!! but it was a headache and instead  I installed a music "only" server for phone use mainly.

This features are only needed for Android mobile and IOS mobile.

1) - Music Mode - it will make it faster by loading only music

(My movie library is huge and would lag when I would want to only listen to music)  

2) - Playlist support for downloaded music

(This is a must for mobile music play - there is no point to download music without this feature)

3) - Full screen for music with swipe support

(I stop using emby on the car while driving, It was hard to use and the wife force me because of some scary moments)

4) - Export playlist

(This is a very basic feature for music)

5) - Re-scan for already downloaded Media/Music
 (if the app gets reinstall you will need to re download the downloaded music even if its there)

6) - Offline Mode - Load the downloaded content
 (not really needed but it would be nice to have it)

I love emby and with the above I for sure will use it to listen to music on my phone again.
  • Like 1

1) - Music Mode - it will make it faster by loading only music

(My movie library is huge and would lag when I would want to only listen to music)  

Hi there, can you please describe this in more detail? Thanks.

abescalamis

Hi there, can you please describe this in more detail? Thanks.

Library and Hardware:

Movie library (6TB), 

Music Library (15GB)

Emby Server - Synology NAS 916+

Music Mode - basically is to add feature that will make the mobile app to restart and load only music.

When I would type and search the name of a song emby would go through the entire database including movies (6TB), remember that music songs only last a few minutes so there is a lot of searching for the next song and also when adding songs to the play Quebe.

My huge movie library made my music interaction slow.

• Like 1

Dibbes

This is the only reason I'm running Airsonic for music and Booksonic for audiobooks, mobile use in the car... and then we're not even talking about ebooks and comics... I have kind of given up on Emby for this...

Live TV seems to be ok (I don't use this at all though as Spanish TV is, to stay PC, not the best) and once subtitles and database are fixed, it's great for movies and series... the rest, as I said, I've kind of given up...

Edited by Dibbes
  • Like 1

abescalamis

This is the only reason I'm running Airsonic for music and Booksonic for audiobooks, mobile use in the car... and then we're not even talking about ebooks and comics... I have kind of given up on Emby for this...

Live TV seems to be ok (I don't use this at all though as Spanish TV is, to stay PC, not the best) and once subtitles and database are fixed, it's great for movies and series... the rest, as I said, I've kind of given up...

Yeah, I agree, BTW I also use Airsonic for mobile use in the car too, lol

ginjaninja

i am registering my interest in a car playback optimised solution.

syncronises the playlists+offline media library to device you can bring in range of home wifi.

the only device my car currently integrates for track search / selection / album art with is ipod...maybe as more cars get android embedded in their infotainment the options will increase.

nick

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

i am registering my interest in a car playback optimised solution.

syncronises the playlists+offline media library to device you can bring in range of home wifi.

the only device my car currently integrates for track search / selection / album art with is ipod...maybe as more cars get android embedded in their infotainment the options will increase.

nick

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Android Mobile - Android Auto