Can not connect to Emby iOS iphone app

qlinyear

qlinyear

I have been unable to connect to the Emby Server on my iPhone using the Emby app.  I receive a message that says "Connection Failure."  However, I am able to connect to the Emby server on my iPad using the Emby app.  I have an active subscription to Emby Premiere.  I also opened up port 8096 on my router, but I am still unable to connect on my iPhone.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

johnnycash

Same isssue here. WAN connection to emby server on iphone with ios app fails but works with browser. On the other hand connecting over local WLAN works with ios app.

qlinyear

I have an update to my issue.  I installed Emby Theater on my work computer and I am receiving the same message (Connection Failure) when I try to connect to my home server.

qlinyear

I have tried both.  I entered the LAN address at home on my iPad and iPhone, but it still does not work (does not connect to the Emby Server).  However, I can access the Emby Server on iPad using the Emby app.  At work, I enter the WAN address on my work computer and it still does not work.  I installed Emby Theater on my work computer and it does not work.

Happy2Play

I have no issue connecting via LAN or WAN or Domain name on IOS 13 on app 1.8.3 (server 4.2.0.11).  If devices can not connect to Emby on your LAN that would point to a Firewall issue.  Have you verified your Private and Public network firewall settings?  

For remote connections have you verified a site like canyouseeme.org shows your port is open on your network?

Could your work network be blocking Emby ports/traffic?

qlinyear

I have configured port 8096 to open on my Windows Firewall on my home PC.  It still does not connect.  I forwarded port 8096 to my home router.  I still cannot connect to the Emby Server at work.  I tested the public port using canyouseeme.org.  It says that it has access to port 8096., it can see my service, and that my port is not blocked.

johnnycash

No firewall issue here. As I mentioned before I am able to access the emby server instance under the same address via browser without issue.

nginx reverse proxy logs when emby app connection fails:

[05/Oct/2019:16:37:30 +0200] "GET /emby/system/info/public HTTP/1.1" 400 280 "http://localhost:12344/index.html?" "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 13_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/15E148"

Connecting successfully via browser:

[05/Oct/2019:16:39:43 +0200] "GET /web/index.html HTTP/2.0" 200 776 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 13_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) FxiOS/19.1b16203 Mobile/15E148 Safari/605.1.15"
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...