DVR'd shows sometimes double up the show folder

everyone

everyone

post-480898-0-80392100-1569900135_thumb.pngWhen I DVR shows, some of them show two of the same folders. If I watch a show within one of the folders, the watch count changes on both of them.

I have seen this across all platforms I am using (android, windows, roku). I see an option to delete a folder, but do not want to accidentally delete both of them. How can I fix this issue.

Thanks

Edited by everyone

d00zah

I've reported this elsewhere regarding individual shows:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/76155-request-i-would-pay-for-a-fully-functional-serverwmc-plugin/page-2&do=findComment&comment=789510

My observation is that news programs listed in the guide w/ [ show title == episode name ] end up displaying twice. I can't tell from your example whether this applies to you, but it's something to look at. The bug MAY be causing Emby to display redundant groupings for the redundant recording tiles?

Edited by d00zah

everyone

The ones that repeat for me are two or three kid shows. The funny thing is that another kid show that records on the Same channel does not repeat.

d00zah

Do any of the individual episodes fit the [ show title == episode name ] profile? Show up twice? My guess is that each episode would show up twice in 'Latest Media' section on the home screen?

edit: If I select 'Latest ServerWMC Recordings' on my home screen, I see similar program groupings, but without redundant grouping, or episode within. Still, I think it's a different aspect of the same bug. LMMV (Luke's mileage may vary) :)

Edited by d00zah

everyone

I used emby to record all episodes. The strange thing is that if I watch an episode in one folder, It shows that it was watched in the other folder as well. It seems like I am just seeing double.

bungee91

Happens for me as well, Emby at some point gets the show name and makes a new folder with the year () in the folder name. This causes this issue to happen for me. I've manually moved the previous episodes into the one named with the year at the end, and then all is well for that show going forward.

• 2 weeks later...
everyone

Does the DVR data we use change the show name? I have been noticing that emby has created two folders for some shows. One folder with just show name, and one folder with the show name and the year.

Does the DVR data we use change the show name? I have been noticing that emby has created two folders for some shows. One folder with just show name, and one folder with the show name and the year.

The guide data doesn't always contain the series year, so when that's the case we try to figure it out using tvdb data. Sometimes we're not able to and that's why it creates the folder without the year. But this should be improved with the upcoming 4.3 release.