Revisit audio bitrate limit on fire tv

adamstewiegreen

adamstewiegreen

A bunch of my videos transcode because emby says the audio bitrate is over a limit, but when I turn transcoding off they play direct just fine. Can you revisit those limits and make some adjustment?

I'm playing Dolby @ 640Kbps direct just fine.

Thanks.

adamstewiegreen

After making a sample I realized that emby was telling me the reason for transcoding was audio bitrate (picture below) but the real reason seems to be subtitle related.

And on that note, I'm still adding a sample because it contains a pgssub which seems to force emby to trascode unless transcoding is turned off, then it plays direct - and the subs still appear. https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9mr2q4orniauty/sample.mkv?dl=0

So maybe revisiting subtitle support for firetv?  I don't know, it's transcoding when given the option and then playing perfectly fine when the transcoding option is turned off.

post-247759-0-11180600-1569931921_thumb.jpg

What exact model of Fire TV?

As we mentioned before, the item may appear to play fine but, in our experience with the early models of the Fire, anything over 384kps DD would cause the video to stutter at some point.  It isn't that it wouldn't play. it was that it wouldn't play well in all instances.

I don't think the stats are lying to you.  Once you have to remux for the audio conversion, the only way to deliver PGS subs is by burning them in so that causes a full transcode.

adamstewiegreen

I have the 2nd gen (not the stick).

I see why it would say one and then do both.

I'm going to leave transcoding and remixing off for a while and see if the higher bitrate causes stuttering in my other videos (so far it's fine).  Most my stuff doesn't need transcoding or remixing but I've made a few mistakes along the way - better to catch them now.

Okay, please let me know how it goes for you.  Perhaps we can restrict the limit to the 1st gen or non-4k stick models.

• 4 months later...
adamstewiegreen

yes, it still transcodes automatically with 640kbps audio, as far as I can tell it works fine on my Firetv when transcoding is turned off.

yes, it still transcodes automatically with 640kbps audio, as far as I can tell it works fine on my Firetv when transcoding is turned off.

The problems we saw were not that items didn't play at all.  It was that they didn't play reliably.

We can try removing the limitation in this beta cycle for newer models and see how it goes.

Thanks.

• Like 1