Combining Tuners

davedick

davedick

Hello, I currently use a few HDHR Prime tuners ad was thinking of adding a HR Connect Quadro.  What I'm wondering is how would I go about combining channels?  For example:

Prime channel 104 = Quadro channel 4.1

Prime channel 114 = Quadro channel 4.2

Prime channel 314= Quadro channel 4.3

Is there a way to combine the Quadro channels with the Prime channels or would they listed separately in the channel guide?

kanipek

Hello, I currently use a few HDHR Prime tuners ad was thinking of adding a HR Connect Quadro.  What I'm wondering is how would I go about combining channels?  For example:

Prime channel 104 = Quadro channel 4.1

Prime channel 114 = Quadro channel 4.2

Prime channel 314= Quadro channel 4.3

Is there a way to combine the Quadro channels with the Prime channels or would they listed separately in the channel guide?

Are all your channels encrypted? Except what would be your local OTA channels? If that is the case what I do is on the prime(s) disable all channels that are not encrypted and let my connects tune those channels.

davedick

Can you clarify what you mean by Encrypted? I can tune all channels thru Emby on Rhett Prime with the exception of premium channels (Hbo, Showtime, etc). I was thinking if asking the Quadro to add additional tuners for broadcast channels, but still wanted the prime to still be able to still tune to the broadcast channels is needed

kanipek

I will try. Can you get channels by simply hooking the cable up to a TV and doing a channel scan on the TV? If you can then not all the channels are "encrypted" in the "old" days these channels were referred to as "scrambled".

If you have channels available just by having the cable hooked up to the TV those channels are what you would disable using the HDHR software.

Clear enough?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

kanipek

Also to answer your original question there isn't currently a native method to combine the tuners in Emby. I believe that you can still combine them using NextPVR. But it would add a level of complexity to your setup.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk