[feedback] migrating library from network to path was a pretty bad experience

echoghost

echoghost

hey, nothing to solve here. just feedback

I'm in the process of moving to a new NAS, i had emby setup to track a library via smb path on windows. so `//foobar/library/path/goes/here` 

1, tried updating the old path, changes in the library didn't reflect in emby. the 'name' of the folder in emby wasn't editable so it still said `//oldnas/path/to/library` instead of `//newnas/path/to/library` but the path inside was different 

2, deleted old path, added new path based on a windows mount instead of going by network name so this will be simpler in the future (can just change the windows mount instead)

3, emby lost all my collections, favourites and metadata based on the path name changes. 

the first problem is probably some sort of bug (or maybe user error? i don't really see what I could have done different, did multiple library scans to confirm things weren't working). but the latter problems were pretty disappointing. 

I would have hoped that emby tracks favourites/collections/metadata based on the internal path names, not the external ones so that two external paths that differ, but are identical internally would not have this problem