Emby In Docker, Kodi Client on Nvidia Shield - network shares

craigcurtin

craigcurtin

Guys,

I have 3 Nvidia Shields runnign latest Vanilla Kodi (V18) - no skins, Add ons etc.

Just started playing with Emby

All my media is on a Centos Server and is (upto now) shared over SMB to my Kodi boxes - all shares are authenticated - no anonymous access.

i am wanting to primarily get a centralised media database - hence looking at Emby.

I have installed the Linuxserver.io Emby Docker (Emby 4.2.1) image on the Centos (7.4) box and configured it up. i have been using docker for a while for various things so know my way around it OK.

I have mounted the Centos filesystem paths as volumes within the docker container - such as /Storage/Videos/Movies and /Storage/Videos/TV-Shows etc etc - all this works fine

I have then created the libraries - by pointing them at the mounted volume paths within the docker image so that is all good. The libraries are all populated and working fine,

When i loaded the Docker image i passed it a GUID and UID that is the Linux owner of all media on the Centos box

I now want to take the next step and connect my Kodi boxes - upon reading the WIKI it appears that i need to in fact have the libraries setup by network shares rather than mounted volumes in the docker container - which makes sense otherwise all requests would have to be routed through the docker container.

It does not appear that there is anywhere to insert network credentials when choosing to add a library as a network path - so when i put in the IP address of my Centos box - i can not browse any of the shares as they require authentication - am i reading this correctly or is there somewhere i can add in credentials ?

Craig 

Edited by craigcurtin

craigcurtin

Hi, I believe you can do this client side in each Kodi installation.

Aaah OK - i will try this and see how far i get - seems a weird way to configure it but will see how i go and report back

Craig

hoppel118

You have to use one of the Kodi Addons „Emby for Kodi“ or „EmbyCon“.

Emby for Kodi syncs the complete database from your Emby server to your local Kodi databases.

With EmbyCon you can access your Emby Server database from the Kodi machines directly.

In the configuration process of these addons you have to configure your network credentials.

Regards Hoppel

This is my exact setup. I have emby server dockerized, and nvidia shield tv's running kodi with the emby for kodi plugin to connect it all.  Everything works perfectly this way, and the team that develops emby for kodi is _RIDICULOUSLY_ responsive and helpful.