Setup on new server, password got stuck

thelous

i am on ubuntu 18.04, i installed ubuntu made new user and tried to log in and i could not. i did password reset opened file gone to url gave pin and it said i can log in with blank password, but this was not the case. i cant login to my emby now and cant reset password 2nd time. is there any fix for this? how can i reset everythng back to start?

@@Happy2Play @@cayars

Edited by Luke

Hi there, what happens when you try to login?

claims its wrong password, sometimes just reloadsnpage and resets fields like nothing happend

Edited by thelous

Make sure your browser isn't filling in a previously saved password using autocomplete. Can you try the reset password process again? Let us know exactly what it says and what you do. Thanks.

Make sure your browser isn't filling in a previously saved password using autocomplete. Can you try the reset password process again? Let us know exactly what it says and what you do. Thanks.

i get invalid password message now all the time, i did another password reset and tried login with blank password but could not get in. is there any other way to reset?

Happy2Play

What url are you using to login?

You are connecting to your server locally and using a local user account correct?  This process has nothing to do with Connect users.

Edited by Happy2Play

What url are you using to login?

You are connecting to your server locally and using a local user account correct? This process has nothing to do with Connect users.

its not local server it runs on my vps. url url is https://(myURL)/emby/web/index.html i am using local emby account. Edited by thelous

it seems like i dont even have to type valid username when trying to reset passowrd... i think i forgot the original username. i tried re installing emby but it still wants me to log in instead of showing setup.

Happy2Play

anyone know where user data is stored?

What do you mean?  Userdata (ie watched status) is stored in the library.db, but server users are maintained in users.db.

/var/lib/emby/data

Edited by Happy2Play

it seems like i dont even have to type valid username when trying to reset passowrd...

That's correct, because you may have forgotten the username.