Where am I going wrong?

The Governor

The Governor

Hope this is the right place for my queries.

I've just downloaded MB3 for my Sky Now box as I'd hoped it would be a really neat solution for getting access to my media around the house.

I use XBMC (running OpenElec) and have got all my media set up, properly named in folders etc, XBMC recognises everything, it's all really sorted.

I have an exact copy of my media on a different drive and pointed MB3 at it, and it recognises very little, which surprised me considering XBMC scrapes it all perfectly.

To give one example, I've got The Walking Dead as AVI's, all the files are formatted as follows:

The Walking Dead

Season Four

The Walking Dead.S04E01.30 Days Without an Accident.avi

MB3 sees the season four directory (if I view it via IE on the PC running MB3) as The Bachelor UK, with no episodes listed below it, is there some subtlety in my naming convention that MB3 needs?

If I look at the same directory on my Sky Now Box, it doesn't even identify the Walking Dead folder, I just get the default tile with no name, so the Sky Now box doesn't even seem to be reading the metadata at all..

This is just one example, but I thought that'd be simpler, essentially this problem is replicated across all of my TV shows (I've not bothered with movies yet).

I totally accept other people have got MB3 working for them, so I'm thinking it must be just me!! :)

Edited by The Governor

techywarrior

First thing to read is the FAQ on naming conventions. This may help you find if there is a problem with your naming structure:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/674-media-files-folders-structure/

It may be as simple as "season four" needing to be "season 4". I don't know if words are recognized like that for seasons.

• Like 1

First thing to read is the FAQ on naming conventions. This may help you find if there is a problem with your naming structure:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/674-media-files-folders-structure/

It may be as simple as "season four" needing to be "season 4". I don't know if words are recognized like that for seasons.

Correct, unless Luke change something :)

The Governor

Thanks for the replies gents, I had looked at the wiki, but the subtlety of using the number 4 instead of the word four went over my head... although there are some odd shows where I've taken exactly the same approach and they're recognised fine... weird. I'll have a fiddle.

[Edit] That seemed to work, just checked my Sky Now box and that is also seeing TWD correctly. I'll have to look and see if I can using number not names for XBMC as I'd like to keep the two directories in sync... at the moment I am point XBMC at one drive and MB3 at another, is there an issue with running both against the same media source?

Thanks again, that was really helpful :)

Edited by The Governor