"Date added behavior for new content" bug

bitfidelity

bitfidelity

I have this set to "use file creation date," but I have encountered a situation where this isn't respected.

I had movies on two drives, M and Z. All of these titles had already been scanned and added to my Emby library.

Today, I moved all of those titles on Z to M, but Emby re-scanned the movies and changed their dates to when they were added to the library (today).

seanbuff

Did you "copy" or "move" the files? I guess what Luke is asking is, have you re-checked the 'Created Date' of those files after they have been relocated.

Sometimes even when using Windows to "move" files, the Created Date is not inherited and dates are reset to current, meaning Emby will treat those files as "new"

Sometimes even when using Windows to "move" files, the Created Date is not inherited and dates are reset to current, meaning Emby will treat those files as "new"

Yup, bingo.

bitfidelity

I said timestamps are not the issue; that was the first thing I looked at. I use XYplorer, which preserves all timestamps for move/copy operations.

bitfidelity

I'm afraid not. I've already removed the library and re-added/re-scanned everything.

On the off chance this happens again, is it possible to go into the metadata and change the date manually?

EDIT: Never mind; I see you can do that in the Metadata Manager right from the Settings panel.

Edited by bitfidelity

Happy2Play

I would assume you do not write metadata with media, because if there were metadata with media this could not happen.