Global ‘Genres’ on Home Sreen

levander
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

levander

Could there be global Genres included besides Favorites and Home button on Home Sreen? Since there is already Favorites button that is global it seems that same thing could be applied to Genres easily....

Reasons:

- I have many different movie (and other types of) libraries. I suppose majority of users don’t use more than one movie library in their setup but I am sure that many of them use more movie libraries as me. So, in that scenario if you want to find specific custom genre you would first have to remember what libraries contain that genres to be able to find it and then click on it and THEN see that genre global content...

- Sometimes I just want to browse and find film by custom genres I forgot about... but going from library to library is inconvenent...

- Some types of libraries, as Mixed for example, don’t have Genres tab but contain items that has genres in their metadata...

- Since there is no more option to merge libraries in emby this feature would somehow make up for that.

Edited by levander

levander

Cool.

This is about third time my feature proposal ends with smart playlist in the future answer. So smart playlist should be really good. Looking forward to it.