Remote Enhancements

fizzyade

fizzyade

apologies, if this is a dupe, i did search but the search terms are so generic they come up way too many times.

it would be nice on the clients to show a lock icon next to the server name if its a SSL connection, as far as i can tell, there appears to be no way of knowing (apart from remembering) whether a server connection in the app is using SSL.

Also, i have a reverse proxy, i just tested it and it appears that emby correctly identifies remote connections that flow through it (via headers i guess).  Again in the server it would be nice to show the whether a connection is local or remote and whether its secure, even if it means adding an extra header to the forwarded reverse proxy connection so emby can identify it, but im assuming it can anyway via the standard reverse proxy headers.

• Like 1

it would be nice on the clients to show a lock icon next to the server name if its a SSL connection, as far as i can tell, there appears to be no way of knowing (apart from remembering) whether a server connection in the app is using SSL.

I think this is a great idea, thanks !

• Like 2

fizzyade

I think this is a great idea, thanks !

Cheers.

Having had a good look at the UI it needs to be more visible than what i originally suggested, take for example the iOS App, a possibily is in the top right next to the other icons,  Maybe clicking on the icon could show the certificate. (not that important, just a nicetety!)

Obviously you guys need to figure out the best way of doing this with lots of different clients.  I also think showing the padlock on the connected clients in the server page would also be of benefit. 

With regards to what i wrote above about the reverse proxy, was i correct in my assumption that Emby detects it correctly as a remote connection via http headers?

Keep up the good work!

• 1 year later...
Fender1978

Hi,

Having just set up a reverse proxy SSL connection myself, I too would like for a padlock symbol to be displayed at all times in clients whilst browsing the UI and to be located either next to the emby logo or the profile button.

You could have a greyed out padlock icon for unsecured/lan and a green icon for secured.

It's obviously not an issue using the Web client but for all others it would be fantastic.

And yes, a small grey/green padlock icon displayed in a users current stream as an overlay to indicate their current connection within the server dashboard would be great.

Thanks