Change Default View to Detail

Xaeryth

Xaeryth

I did a search but did not find anything to answer my question.

I like using the "detail" view as my default; however, I have noticed that after some updates, my view changes back to "poster" which requires me to go into each folder (and sub-folder) to change the view back to detail. Is there a faster way to do this? For example, some setting somewhere that I can set the default view to "detail" so that all folders (and sub-folders) would then be configured to the view option that I prefer?

Any insights would be appreciated.

X

Not any supported way.  Sorry.

However, the losing of the settings should not happen.  There was a bug in some revision of the server that caused that a while back.

Xaeryth

Hrm, that's unfortunate. *fingers crossed* it will be an added feature in a future release.

I'm not sure what happened this time but yesterday it was fine and today it is set to "poster" view... I'm on the beta update track.

Weird. Guess I'm doing it the long way.

Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...
lobo683

Any news when this will be supported ? (or if its been considered)

It know its not supposed to happen but it did, its not a big deal i agree ... but changing everything manually is really annoying and time consuming especially in the music section !

Maybe there is some config file i can edit manually using an editor and use find & replace to make it all switch to detail view ?

Im open to any ideas that doesnt involve using the remote ;) 

Thanks,

• 7 months later...
Concept211

I keep running into the same issue where my views are lost after (some) of the server updates. I would also love the option to set the default view for ALL pages because it's a huge hassle to go through each individual page and set the view to "List" rather than "Poster". Then multiply this by the number of machines running MB3 Classic throughout the house :(

Where are the settings stored anyway? Any way to manually get into the flat file or database where they are stored?

Those display prefs are saved on the server on a per-user basis so you don't have to replicate them on each MBC instance throughout the house.

Concept211

Where exactly are they located? I found some config files in 

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Classic\Configurations

but it doesn't show the individual page/folder/section views.

As I said, they are stored on the server.  They are not in an editable form.  Sorry.