Advice needed to move Emby to a different host pc.

CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick

PC#1

Since day 1, Emby has been running on the same, rock-solid if not fast Windows 7 x64 (soon to be dumped by M$) pc here.

From past Windows upgrade experiences, I don't know what to expect from upgrading from 7 to 10; sometimes it goes well, sometime not so much.

Being concerned about down time, I came up with a B plan, but I need to figure out a few grey zones.

PC#2

I have another pc which is a "data clone". Same hard drive config, same folder structures and file content (down to .nfo's and all metadata).

This backup PC is already running Windows 10 smoothly. For those reasons, I'm strongly considering installing Emby on PC#2

1) Is it ok from a gold license pov to install Emby simultaneously (temporarily) on a 2nd computer ?

2) If answer to Q1 is no problemo, what happens if I have 2 pc running at once that claims to be "the" Emby ? 

3) I found in the server settings (see capture) I can disable "Run server at startup": I'm guessing I should do that on Emby "1", then shut it down before ever running Emby "2".

4) Is there anything else Emby related I should know before proceeding ? 

Thanks in advance.

5d838f2e82c3a_Capture.jpg

Edited by jlr19

2) If answer to Q1 is no problemo, what happens if I have 2 pc running at once that claims to be "the" Emby ? 

Should be fine, but if both will be exposed to the internet then you'll want to configure different public ports for them.