TV Source Setup

tylawton
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi,

I have lost the ability to stream live TV. 

I have had Live TV running in a previous version when on a month by month premium licence.  I have recently changed to a yearly licence and upgraded to 4.2.1.0

I went back through the configuration process I performed about a year ago and found the following in Live TV / TV Sources / TV Source Setup.

When selecting "Other" from the Type dropdown, none of the TV plugins are displayed.  

The message when clicking "Detect my devices" is "No new devices found. To add a new tuner, close this dialogue and enter the device information manually."  

There is no other configuration options.

I have added and configured Tvheadend plugin.  I have tested the config in other apps successfully.

Any ideas as to how get plugins to show in TV Source Setup?

Thanks in advance.

Ty

• Solution

When selecting "Other" from the Type dropdown, none of the TV plugins are displayed.  

Hi, why are you expecting something to be displayed? It's just a message that tells you to use the plugin catalog to install a tv plugin if you wish. Did you see that?

I have added and configured Tvheadend plugin.

Then you're done. Just refresh the guide data now.

• Like 1

Hi, why are you expecting something to be displayed? It's just a message that tells you to use the plugin catalog to install a tv plugin if you wish. Did you see that?

Then you're done. Just refresh the guide data now.

Hi and thanks for the quick reply.  You're right, it does work!  Thanks heaps!

Maybe the messaging in the app needs some updates.  TV Sources used to display the relevant plugin.

Looking forward, to make the user experience more seamless, the app could display the TV plugins installed and configured Alternatively the app could have a message something like "Configure Homerun and M3U here.  If you are using a plugin, please goto the plugins menu and configure it there instead"

Apart from this issue, my experience with Emby has been awesome.

Oh and I am using a TVHeadend server docker container with a USB DVB-T attached

Great app and keep up the good work.

Thanks

Even better it won't be too long before we have our own support for these additional tuners so that you don't need the third party software. thanks for the feedback.