Harmony One Remote issue.. please help!

darengibo

darengibo

Ok, so on my Windows 8 PC, I have been using the dongle (Rosewill RHRC-11002 Windows 7 Certified MCE IR Remote Controller/Windows 8 MCE Plus Small USB Dongle) and then controlling via Logitech Harmony One.  Everything was working great for a long time.  recently, I lost the ability to hit "stop" or skip forward 30 seconds (I can only FF).   I even purchased a new dongle since last one...  but no fix.

When we watch TV or DVD, the stop button works.

This is very frustrating..  any advice???

I didn't know where to post this topic.

THANKS!

darengibo

Actually, I need to add that it is the same with any other Media Center remote..   stop button not functioning.

this is so baffling as it came out of nowhere.

DeeMac

I have a similar setup.... using a rosewill IR USB receiver also.  

After recently upgrading my bios to get rid of a inconsistent crash, Windows got messed up and did not recognize a lot of devices.  Before I decided to reinstall, I had 2 usb unknown devices... with hardware ids usb/vid_8087&pid_0024  I did a search could not find the driver for these 2 devices.  Attaching my generic usb mouse and keyboards into the computer did not work in Windows (but both devices worked in the bios).  The unknown devices were present before and after I attached and detached my mouse/keyboard.

Only after a reinstall did windows 7 recognize the unknown devices as generic USB Hub.... and then my keyboard and mouse worked properly.  This is only a guess but go into device manager and look for any unknown devices in device manager, especially unknown USB devices.  If there are no unknown devices, try scanning for new hardware...and lastly try to uninstall/reinstall  the your current generic USB Hub [if found].

IF nothing STILL works, get a XBMC live cd and boot to that, and test your hardware.  This allows you to test a whole new OS without reinstalling windows.

Also, WMC can work without a remote.  Try the keyboard combinations to see if those work.  Perhaps the key combination/registry got screwed?  Stop is Control-Shift-S.