Movie Grouping Issue

kingy444

kingy444

I have discovered two bugs in the latest release (Version 3.0.5267.16902)

These issues occur when using the movie grouping structure of 'Movie - Quality' (ie 'The Avengers (2012) - 1080p.mkv') to store multiple copies of the same movie in the same folder.

1. If you have a folder with a higher quality video (1080p for instance) and add a lower quality video to the same folder (obviously named correctly) the lower quality video is never detected and 'Media Info' only ever displays the 1080p version of the file
  2. When you have multiple qualities in the same folder and have a local trailer in the same directory they are treated as 3 copies of the same movie and not 2 + a trailer.
  • Like 1

tested fine here. the naming is very strict for this feature so double check that.

kingy444

Definitely named correctly. (Copied and pasted the filename and changed the quality)

I had a 1080p movie in the folder and moved a file labelled 480p into the same folder. (My bad not also testing a 720p one)

Then repeated everytbing in the reverse (480p in the folder and moved the 1080p in) and it all worked as expected

kingy444

File names in my test were:

Folder named: 'The Avengers (2012)'

Hd file named: 'The Avengers (2012) - 1080p.mp4'

Sd file named: 'The Avengers (2012) - 480p.mp4'

Trailer named: 'The Avengers (2012) - 480p-trailer.mov'

Good day,

What happens if you remove the year from the file name as example:

Hd file name: "The Avengers - 1080p.mp4"

My best

kingy444

I will test when I get a chance.

Did you just want me to rename the one file or remove it from folder and all files ?

All folders are in this structure as it makes detection much easier. (And im a little OCD :-) lol)

Good day,

I did not said his titles file naming is wrong, it only suggestion, in the past I come cross some sort of problem when the movies file have year same as the title folder.

My best

• Like 1

kingy444

Happy to try renaming the trailer file. That was the format it was given when downloaded automatically by the server. (It was originally in its own folder as I had sd and hd separate)

If that is the cause maybe the trailers plugin just needs to be edited to use folder name instead of file name.

I think that would look cleaner anyway

Edited by kingy444

Good day,

I did not said his titles file naming is wrong, it only suggestion, in the past I come cross some sort of problem when the movies file have year same as the title folder.

My best

Right. Yea normally it doesn't need to be there. Just for this one feature.

• Like 1

Trailer named: 'The Avengers (2012) - 480p-trailer.mov'

Is that right?  Shouldn't it just be 'The Avengers (2012)-trailer.mov'?

Is that right?  Shouldn't it just be 'The Avengers (2012)-trailer.mov'?

That's a good point. I need to test that out, and get an example in documentation.

kingy444

Did some more testing.

Naming the trailer in the format 'The Avengers (2012)-trailer.mov' has it picked up in all circumstances so i guess the trailer channel plugin should be changed to use the folder name instead of the file name when using an 'All Movies\The Avengers (2012)\The Avengers (2012) - 1080p.mp4' structure and use the file name when multiple movie files are stored in the same structure ie. 'All Movies\The Avengers (2012) - 1080p.mp4','All Movies\The Hulk (2008) - 1080p.mp4'

That should sort all trailer issues.

I was still unable to get the server to recognise the lower quality files when moving them into a folder containing a higher quality version (tested with 1080p and 720p filenames).

Worked Perfectly in reverse when using a folder with the 480p version and adding the higher quality versions to its folder. Everything was recognised and indexed correctly

kingy444

scrap all that, looks like renaming the trailer has fixed everything.

Everything is being recognized now. It is all working with the trailer named 'FolderName-trailer.mov'. It just for some reason took two full library refreshes to pick it up.

If i change the trailer name back it all breaks again. So I guess the easiest solution is a change to the trailer plugin ?

@@snazy2000 - I know you were pulling trailer downloading into its own plug-in so wanted to be sure you saw this issue.

kingy444

@@snazy2000 just making sure you seen this. Have just downloaded the latest version of the trailer plugin and it is still using video name not folder name. I am fine as I will just do a quick PowerShell rename of them all but didn't want other users to experience the same issue

Yeah, it is a little harder problem to fix than it looks like so it may take some time for us to figure it out.