Question about my embedded video titles

thecubical
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

thecubical

Im having a weird issue which possibly started after refreshing all of my metadata.

A number of my movies now have their title set to the release group name, and there are no nfo files present alongside the files

ie. post-262491-0-58703000-1568510672_thumb.png

post-262491-0-09521100-1568510839_thumb.png

I've tried re-identifying the files but they eventually seem to go back to having their name as EVO, interestingly it only seems to happen for titles with EVO as the release group.

Has anyone seen this before? Running 4.2.1.0 with the following plugins

post-262491-0-36777500-1568511029_thumb.png

Edited by thecubical

• Solution
Happy2Play

A guess but I bet you have "Prefer embedded titles over filenames" enabled on the library.  So the embedded title tag is being used.  If you looked at these files in "MKVToolNix" do you see that embedded title?

• Like 2

A guess but I bet you have "Prefer embedded titles over filenames" enabled on the library.  So the embedded title tag is being used.  

Yes that could be it. The server log from refreshing the metadata could help answer that.

pwhodges

I had this issue. I had expected the name in the file to be better than the file name (this was before I'd got the Internet metadata being looked up correctly); I was surprised that some fansub groups put their name in that field - it seems irrational to me.