Someone help a newb connect to the Emby web page

MickeyRat
Go to solution Solved by MickeyRat,

MickeyRat

I just purchased emby premier.  I've used MyhtTV for a few years now but, I'm having a problem with it that I can't get around. 

Right now the only way I've found to interface with Emby is through Kodi and through the web browser on the Emby server.  That was fine when I was just using Emby to serve up movies to Kodi but, it won't do when my wife wants to schedule recordings.  It looks like I should be able to pull up that web page from anywhere on my LAN but, server-ip-address:8096 just spins.  This is an Arch linux server and there is an Apache installation on it for myth. 

I can use VNC to allow my wife to get to it but, there's got to be a better way.  Am I missing something?

I just found another issue.  My recordings aren't showing up.  I recorded a program and it made it to disk but, I can't see it in Emby's web page or in Kodi.

Edited by MickeyRat

• Solution
MickeyRat

Well this is Arch and the only way I'd have a firewall is if I installed it and, as a general rule, I don't do that within my LAN,  However, you made me think of something that hadn't occurred to me.  I use an outgoing VPN service that I run on my router.  Several of my computers, including the one I was using to test only connect to the internet through VPN and they use the VPN provider's DNS servers rather than the local gateway.  My wife's laptop doesn't go through VPN and it works fine.  I can do what I want to do on the main server so that's all I really need.  Thanks!!!  I would have gone a long time before trying that on my own.

I'll start a new thread about the recordings not showing up.  I should have done that to begin with.

Edited by MickeyRat
  • Like 1