Expected behavior when downloading multiple subtitles

Gnisch

Hi

Let's say I have a TV episode which have automatically downloaded an english subtitle, I then see thats it's not the correct timing, so I then search for a subtitle, and click download. I wait a bit and refresh the episode page.

What is then the expected behavior?

A ) Still only 1 english subtitle, but the new one.

B )  Both english subtitles are available to choose from in the drop down menu

C ) There is already an english subtitle so the new one won't be downloaded

For me I can't decide whether it's A or C for my behavior. But what I would like, and expect is B ).

Does anyone know what it's supposed to be?

And if I get A or C, what could be the possible culprit?

Oh, bonus question!

Does delete subtitles work for anyone? I can't seem to be able to delete subtitles from within Emby, I always have to go and delete manually from my computer.

Any good advice for this problem as well?

Thanks for taking your time!

Edited by Nischi

Hello,

Hope I can share on this thread as the suject of Sub is been a challenge for me as well.

You are missing some details. If you use the same plugin for your subtitles when it runs my observation is the hash value of the video will be the same as what you have. Even though in manual one may appear. No over write will happen as the plugin sees the file is loaded. You can test this by adding second language and looking at the dates of the file. 

If you change  or add additional plugin sources you may find some videos now have subtitles that did not before after the task runs as they pull from a database that contains a hash match that you did not have populated.

Last comment I have not seen a delete function for subs, like you say I do this manually at the OS level.

m

Edited by Info1

Happy2Play

Hi

Let's say I have a TV episode which have automatically downloaded an english subtitle, I then see thats it's not the correct timing, so I then search for a subtitle, and click download. I wait a bit and refresh the episode page.

What is then the expected behavior?

A ) Still only 1 english subtitle, but the new one.

B )  Both english subtitles are available to choose from in the drop down menu

C ) There is already an english subtitle so the new one won't be downloaded

For me I can't decide whether it's A or C for my behavior. But what I would like, and expect is B ).

Does anyone know what it's supposed to be?

And if I get A or C, what could be the possible culprit?

Oh, bonus question!

Does delete subtitles work for anyone? I can't seem to be able to delete subtitles from within Emby, I always have to go and delete manually from my computer.

Any good advice for this problem as well?

Thanks for taking your time!

Sure, have you verified your per user Subtitles settings? Dashboard-Users-select a user and scroll down to Subtitles.

Edited by Happy2Play

Hello,

Hope I can share on this thread as the suject of Sub is been a challenge for me as well.

You are missing some details. If you use the same plugin for your subtitles when it runs my observation is the hash value of the video will be the same as what you have. Even though in manual one may appear. No over write will happen as the plugin sees the file is loaded. You can test this by adding second language and looking at the dates of the file. 

If you change  or add additional plugin sources you may find some videos now have subtitles that did not before after the task runs as they pull from a database that contains a hash match that you did not have populated.

Last comment I have not seen a delete function for subs, like you say I do this manually at the OS level.

m

Thanks for the answer.

I'm using the Opensbutitles download manager, with a VIP log-in. And it does download subtitles automatically as it should.

You can delete subtitles by clicking the edit subtitles option and the clicking the trash can symbol next to the subtitle. However, It does not seem to work.

Sure, have you verified your per user Subtitles settings? Dashboard-Users-select a user and scroll down to Subtitles.

Yes they are correct, and it does download automatically when the scheduled task triggers.

Does anyone know what the expected behavior is when trying to download more than 1 subtitle of the same language? Is this faulty, or expected?