Media in folders not showing up

Chillout

Chillout

Occasionally an entire folder on different hard drives (ie. Action, Comedy, Drama) will be blank although there is stuff there.

Restarting the MB server software or computer usually fixes the problem, but sometimes the Action folder populates but Drama will be blank.

Restarting MB Server software: Drama is populated and Action is blank.

Restarting MB Server software: All folders are populated.

Tried adjusting the library for Path (G:\Action) or network (\\HTPC\ACTION) but it still happens.  I also run XBMC with the same folders and it never had a problem detecting the files in the same paths.

I know how to fix it, but for the family or guests who arent familiar with how to restart the server, it is a little annoying.

Uninformed Opinion:  Could be that the scan fails when the hard drive is asleep?  If I spool it up, then restart the server it will usually detect the files in the folder.  Still doesnt explain why it would detect all the files in one hard drive one time and then miss it the next time.. XBMC takes a few seconds to start playing videos if the hard drive asleep but it remembers the media in the folders... hopefully someone can offer a solution.

Let me know what other info is needed:

server info:---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MB Server Version 3.0.5267.16902 (this is the beta, had same issues with the last release too)

Notification (not sure if this is related or just a random error):

Scan media library failed.

The CancellationTokenSource associated with this CancellationToken has been disposed.